Posted on 8/24/2019
Kashmir Institute of International Relations organized one day workshop with the title “Building & Promoting Narratives-Peace Building Advocacy, 2019” in BAGH, AJK on 24th August, 2019. Youth leaders affiliated with different political parties participated in this workshop. For this year, (2019 – 2020) KIIR intends build upon the solid foundation it has established since 2013 by grooming the next generation of leaders. KIIR intends to develop the core capabilities of second tier leaders affiliated with political parties and build the capacity to develop policies that can change the landscape of Kashmir conflict. These individuals are well placed in a variety of key government bodies, civil services and political parties allowing them to create change from within a relatively slow moving system.
A combination of skills under both these areas will help our second-tier leaders achieve measurable change when it comes to peacebuilding for Kashmir. These include:
• Guide them in developing new policies and frameworks that can ease tensions and work towards building lasting peace in Kashmir.
• Measure the number & results of new ideas, policies & frameworks being introduced now and after its implementation keeping in mind the inherent slowness of bureaucracy.
Through this session, KIIR has enabled young leaders to reexamine the goals they’ve established and how they can achieve changes within their communities.
1. Develop their own unique narrative targeting major changes in their lives & communities.
2. The ability to build rapport and gain the support of their peers and communities towards driving changes within Kashmir.
3. The ability to leverage their strengths and draw upon the help of others to bolsters them in areas they may not be as strong.