Posted on 11/17/2019
Kashmir Institute of International Relations organized training session titled Building & Promoting Narratives-Peace Building Advocacy, 2019 in BAGH, AJK on 17 November, 2019. Various training sessions were organized along with theory and practical work to tackle the problems. Different strategies and procedures were outlined to highlight the issue of Jammu & Kashmir. Apart from this, sessions were held along with a series of talks on highlighting the quality of leadership. For this year, (2019 –2020) KIIR intends to build upon the solid foundation it has established since 2013 by grooming the next generation of Youth leaders. KIIR intends to develop the core capabilities of second Migrant youth & Young leaders affiliated with political parties and build the capacity to develop policies that can change the landscape of Kashmir conflict. These individuals are well placed in a variety of key government bodies, civil services and political parties allowing them to create change from within a relatively slow moving system. The program will consist of two components: Leadership & Change Management.
With leadership, we intend to focus on the following areas:
1. Fostering effective relationships
2. Understanding others (empathy)
3. Effective communication
4. Breaking down silos
Under change management, we want participants to learn the following:
1. Creating urgency
2. Involving people
3. Asking the right questions
4. Managing resistance
5. Creating small wins
A combination of skills under both these areas will help our second-tier leaders achieve measurable change when it comes to peacebuilding for Kashmir. These include:
• Guide them in developing new policies and frameworks that can ease tensions and work towards building lasting peace in Kashmir.
• Measure the number & results of new ideas, policies & frameworks being introduced now and after its implementation keeping in mind the inherent slowness of bureaucracy.